Wednesday, January 7, 2009




Since we have been discussing chromakey backgrounds I thought I would post a couple that I put together tonight using the Photokey2 software that Jane turned me on to. (Thanks Jane) The two guys in the picture are the nephew of my ex-daughter-in-law and his son. I took their picture against a blue background a few weeks ago and then used it with a couple of the digital backgrounds in my arsenal. Several months ago I searched ebay for digital backgrounds and found I could get a disk of over 1000 for less than $25.00. I am finding that the blue background doesn't work that well if the subject is wearing dark colors. When they are extracted from the blue, the dark colors become somewhat translucent. I'll just keep practicing to find out what works and what doesn't.

5 comments:

  1. Well you and Jane make the chromakey thing seem WAY more doable than I had thought it would be. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played with changing backgrounds for years but this Photokey2 software takes all of the WORK out of it. It is so easy. I first downloaded the trial version of the software first to test it out and fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this software. I'd love to be able to change backgrounds, but it's such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out really great.
    so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Looks like they are getting to travel! ;-) Glad you are having fun with the photokey2 software. I think I'm going to start taking photos specifically for backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete